Geostatistical Environmental Assessment Software (GEOEAS)
Geostatistical Environmental Assessment Software (GEOEAS) is a collection of interactive software tools for performing two-dimensional geostatistical analyses of spatially distributed data. The principal function of the package is the production of grids and contour maps of interpolated (kriged) estimates from sample data. GEOEAS can produce data maps, univariate statistics, scatter plots/linear regression, and variogram computation and model fitting.
|Release Date||April 1991|
|Development Status||General Release|
|Operating System||UNIX, DOS|
Minimum System Requirements
This system was designed to run under DOS on an IBM PC, XT, AT, PS2, or compatible computer. Graphics capability is not required, but is highly recommended because most programs will produce graphics output. Graphics support is provided for the Hercules graphics card, the CGA, and the EGA. At least 512 KB of RAM is required, but 640 KB is recommended. An arithmetic co-processor chip is strongly recommended due to the computationally intensive nature of the programs, but is not required for use. Programs may be run from floppy disk; however, a fixed disk is required to use the programs from the system menu. The system storage requirement is approximately 3 MB. For a hardcopy of results, a graphics printer (IBM graphics compatible) is required. Support is provided for plotters that accept HPGL plotting commands.
US EPA. (1991) "GEO-EAS 1.2.1, Geostatistical Environmental Assessment Software User’s Guide." Publication No. EPA/600/4-88/033.
- Refer to the user’s manual for further instructions.
- Go to Windows Explorer and create a directory named GEOEAS.
- Download the executable and program files to the new directory.
- From the new directory, run geoeas.zip by double-clicking on the file.
- Unzip the files to the new directory.
- Download and review the user’s manual for instructions on running the model.
- Start the GEOEAS program by double-clicking on the GEOEAS.EXE file. A description of other executable files that are part of the GEOEAS program are as follows:
- GEOEAS.EXE – the system menu program
- DATAPREP.EXE – data management utilities
- TRANS.EXE – data transformations
- STAT1.EXE – basic univariate descriptive statistics
- SCATTER.EXE – scatter plots, linear regression
- PREVAR.EXE – pair comparison computations
- VARIO VARIO.EXE – variogram analysis and modeling
- XVALID.EXE – cross validation of parameters
- KRIGE KRIGE.EXE – two-dimensional kriging
- CONREC.EXE – contouring of gridded data
- POSTPLOT.EXE – graphs of sample locations and values
- XYGRAPH.EXE – two-dimensional line/scatter graphs
- VIEW.EXE – plots graph files on the screen
- HPPLOT.EXE – creates plotter files from graphic metafiles