Policies and Procedures
This page links to information about how EPA's Web presence is managed. Content creators should comply with the applicable policies and procedures when publishing to www.epa.gov.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Web Executive Board
- Web Council
- National Content Manager
- National Infrastructure Manager
- Web Principles
- Mobile Access Review Committee
- EPA Microsite Guidance
- EPA Resource Directory Guidance
- Image Guidance
- More Information about One EPA Web Intranet
Section 508 and Accessibility
- Section 508 Public Access Page
- Section 508 Resources Intranet
- Accessible Electronic and Information Technology Policy PDF (6 pp, 125 K)
- Accessible Electronic and Information Technology Standards, Procedures and Guidance PDF(6 pp, 49 K)
EPA Web Management
- Web Governance and Management Policy PDF (5 pp, 85 K)
- Ensuring Access to EPA Information on EPA Servers Procedure
- Maintaining the Agency Web Analytics Code on all Public HTML Pages Procedure
- Assistance Agreement and Web Site Management
- Procedure to Define Web Content Types and Steps to Review and Maintain Web Content After Publication
- External Site Links Procedure
- Protecting Content During Web Site Development Procedure
- Rules of Behavior
- Posting Federal Register Documents on the Web Intranet (MS-Word)
- Review and Approval of Web Content
Web Security and Information Policy
- CGI Script Security Process and Guidance Memo Intranet
- Web Measurement and Customization Technology (Cookies) Procedure
- Children's Privacy and Children's Copyright Policy PDF Intranet (5 pp, 66 K)
- Posting Copyrighted Works on an EPA Web Site Policy PDF Intranet (4 pp, 64 K)
- Copyright Issues
- Personal Information about EPA Staff on the Web
- Information Access Policy PDF Intranet (7 pp, 135 K)
Look and Feel
- Complying with EPA.gov "Look and Feel" Procedure
- Request/Register an Exemption to Agency Look and Feel
- Video Standards and Guidelines Intranet
- Social Media Policy
- Social Media Procedures
- Social Media Guidance
- Social Media Blog
Information Management and Information Technology Management
- Information Management and Information Technology Policies
- System Lifecycle Management Procedure
- Intranet Guide Intranet
- "Fully Implementing One EPA Web," Bob Perciasepe, November 1, 2012.
- "OneEPA Web: Update on Rebuilding EPA's Web Site," Malcolm D. Jackson and Seth Oster, November 1, 2010.
- "Restructuring EPA's Website," Linda A. Travers and Seth Oster, April 15, 2010.
- "Restructuring EPA's Online Presence," Lisa P. Jackson, February 25, 2010.
- "Improving EPA's Public Access Website," Molly A. O'Neill and Lisa Lybbert, April 14, 2008.
- "EPA and Web 2.0 Technologies," Molly A. O'Neill, December 17. 2007.
- "Improving EPA's Website (Web Governance)," Mike Leavitt, December 6, 2004.
- "Improving EPA's Website (2002)," Christine Whitman, January 11, 2002.
- "EPA's Policy Regarding the Agency's Central Public Access Server," W. Michael McCabe, June 30, 2000.
- "OEI and OPA Issue Joint Memorandum of Understanding," Kimberly T. Nelson and Joseph J. Martyak.