Web Standard: Area Name
The name of the web area, located at the top of the page, that briefly describes the topic of the Web area.
- Reflects the topic of the web area, not the organization providing the information.
- Shows the scope of the information accurately, but as short as possible.
- Is used on all pages within a web area.
- Use geographical designations when needed.
- For example: San Francisco Bay Delta, Border2020 or New Bedford Harbor
- Use title case (initial capital letters); do not use all upper or lower case.
- Spell out web area names and include acronyms at the end (in parentheses). You can then use the acronym in the page content and sidebars.
About this Standard
Effective date: 03/28/2009
Date approved: 09/12/2012
Web Council review by: 09/02/2014 (or earlier if deemed necessary by the Web Council)