Web Standard: Contact Us Page and Links
The Contact Us link appears twice on each EPA page: at the top and in the footer. It links to the Area Contact Us page, which provides information about how to contact EPA staff responsible for the content.
When a web area is created in the DWCMS, a Contact Us form is also created. This form should be edited to add additional information.
- Each Web area must provide a page with contact information specific to that area.
- Contact us links are required at the top and footer of every EPA Web page. Both links must point to the same Contact Us page.
- The footer reads: “Contact Us to ask a question, provide feedback or report a problem”
- Contact Us pages must include the following ways of contacting the web area's owner:
- mailing address
- phone number (Recommended but not required)
- online form for sending questions or comments
- Contact page must also have that report a violations badge, link, and text. If you want an exemption contact Jeffrey Levy.
- If you use the Enterprise Customer Service Solution (aka the online FAQ system), you can link to it from your Contact Us page.
- Contact information may refer to a group or hotline rather than a specific person. However, all email addresses provided must be epa.gov.
- After submitting a form, the user must receive a follow up page thanking them for writing. This thank you page is system-generated, but you can modify the thank you text.
- Contact information has to be validated every 90 days. Please note, this validation will someday be system enforced.
About this Standard
Effective date: 03/22/2002
Date approved: 05/12/2013
Web Council review by: 05/12/2015 (or earlier if deemed necessary by the Web Council)